In the 2 day course Rational Unified Process Practitioner you will apply the theory from the course RUP Aware. With the other delegates of the course you will do a mini project, in which we will go through the Inception, Elaboration and Construction phases of RUP. You will learn which products are delivered when and at what level of detail. You will work mainly with UML models, but also with screen-layouts and project documents. This way you will learn about the different disciplines, phases, roles and products within a RUP project. Also we will pay attention to the essence of agile development: iterative and incremental.
- Insight into the structure of the various components of RUP
- Insight into agile development with iterations and increments
- Insight into RUP projects
- Obtaining experience in applying RUP as a kind of methods framework
- Obtaining experience with a number of RUP techniques and RUP artefacts
This course is meant for developers, architects and project leaders who will be working in RUP projects, or have to make the choice whether or not to apply RUP.
We expect delegates to have a basic knowledge of OO & UML and RUP. For those without this knowledge we recommend the courses OO & UML essentials and RUP Aware.