Electrical equipment serving essential or important functions and cables to be installed in DNV classed vessels shall be delivered with DNV Product Certificates. Typically, equipment would be:
- Main- and emergency switchboards.
- Distribution switchboards, motor starters, motor control centres.
- Generators and transformers.
- Electric motors.
- Semi-conductor converters.
- Cables (if not type approved).
- Power Management Systems.
Please refer to DNV rules Pt.4 Ch.8 Sec.1 Table B9 for a complete list.
Equipment certification will normally be based on a design assessment and a product survey.
Exceptions: Certification of generators, transformers and electric motors will be based on product survey only.