This class service constitutes part of the certification of materials, components and systems. It is commonly referred to as "Plan approval".
Design documentation for major units of equipment associated with essential and important control and monitoring systems are specified in the DNV rules. The documentation is required to be submitted for approval prior to certification testing at manufacturer and installation onboard.
The required documentation shall normally consist of the following information:
- Functional description including description of user interface.
- System block diagram and power supply arrangement.
- Functional failure analysis for essential and important closed loop control systems.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis as required by specific parts of DNV rules.
- List of I/O points.
- Circuit diagrams for essential hardwired circuits.
- Test program for testing at manufacturer.
- Data sheets with environmental specifications.